Arkema has ben one of the world’s leading producers of hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) since 1953. Its work in hydrogen peroxide contributes to the growth of its customers in Europe, North America and Asia. Its priorities are safety, product stewardship and the protection of the environment.
Arkema has world-class production capacities in the USA, Europe and Asia totaling more than 400,000 tons per year. All production facilities are ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certified.
Anticipating and satisfying the needs of an ever-changing world
Through its worldwide presence, our group offers one of the most comprehensive services, including reliable and customized logistics, safe handling expertise and technical support for process optimization and storage practices. With research centers equipped with the most advanced technology in King of Prussia, PA, USA and in Lyon, France, Arkema is a leader in the development of new applications for growing markets and offers a comprehensive range of H2O2 market solutions including:
- Chemical synthesis
- Pulp and paper bleaching
- Textile fibrer bleaching
- Food industry ( aseptic packaging)
- Metal and mining industries
- Home care and I&I cleaning
- Personal care
- Environmental issus and waste water treatment
Its extensive services and technical support contribute to the growth and innovation capacity of its customers.
Oxidants beyond Hydrogen Peroxide
The hydrogen peroxide business unit also includes sodium chlorate, sodium perchlorate and specialty epoxides:
- Sodium chlorate is used in the pulp industry, the synthesis of chemical products and the production of emergency oxygen systems.
- Sodium perchlorate is used in the manufacturing of explosives for civil applications, PVC additives and fuel precursor for space launchers.
- Specialty epoxides are used in a wide variety of applications including lubricant intermediates, aviation fluids, specialty inks, surfactants, flexible PVC medical devices and cosmetics