Arkema at Chinacoat 2017: a comprehensive range of innovative offering specially designed for local coatings market
Arkema, committed to supporting its customers' growth in Asia
Arkema is always dedicated to accelerating the development of the coating solutions segment, providing more diversified and competitive products and solutions for the coatings market, to meet its clients’ increasing demand in China and Asia. Early this year, Arkema has successfully brought on stream new Kynar® PVDF capacities (25% increase) at its Changshu platform, which makes the Changshu platform the largest PVDF plant in Asia; also, Arkema has announced several major investment projects in Asia including an investment of some €300 million over five years in the biosourced polyamide 11 chain and a project to expand by over 30% production capacity of photocure resin at Sartomer Nansha facility in China.
A comprehensive range of innovative solutions for coatings
As a world leader in raw materials for paints and coatings, Arkema enables its customers to remain competitive while fulfilling their objectives. At Chinacoat 2017, Arkema is introducing a comprehensive offering for coatings materials (for metal, wood and plastics), decorative paints and specialty coatings, meeting the technical, economic and environmental needs and manufacturers’ requirements, such as:
- New generation of Celocor® AF CS opaque polymer, from Coating Resins, is an ammonia-free product for use in formulating low-odor interior and exterior architectural coatings with excellent hiding properties (up to 11% better hiding). Formulators can substantially reduce the amount of other raw materials, most notably TiO2, to help decrease the overall cost of the formulation. It is 100% compliant with Arkema’s EnVia® certification for sustainable formulating ingredients, more economic and environmental friendly.
- The latest brand-new transparent and waterproof emulsion from the ENCOR® range of Coating Resins, reference EP 24038. With outstanding properties of washing durability and hydrophobicity, it can be used as protection and waterproof coatings for various indoor and outdoor substrate materials. Colorless, tasteless, environmental friendly and easy to apply, all these features make it easier to do house decoration DIY.
- Ecodis™ polyacrylic dispersing agents, introduced by Arkema’s subsidiary Coatex, have a very broad spectrum of dispersion ability and can disperse various types of pigments and fillers; this range of products is economic and efficient, mainly used in economic architectural coatings, providing good storage stability, color rendering and foaming resistance, etc. It can also be used in adhesives and other industries.
- Photocurable resins and Specialty Acrylates from Sartomer, another affiliate of Arkema, can meet the emerging fields of Additive Manufacturing, including 3D Printing, Specialty Coatings, Adhesives and UV Inkjet.
- Rilsan® Fine Powders, bio-based polyamide powders from Arkema Technical Polymers, brings durable powder coating with superior chemical resistance and abrasive resistance for automotive and industrial market.