Covid-19: Fighting against the epidemic, Arkema is always with you
Since the outbreak of the novel coronavirus, all Chinse are highly concerned about the epidemic。 Arkema, as one of the corporate citizens, has been paying close attention to its development, actively responding to the call of the government and launching the emergency mechanism, to ensure the safty of its employees and help fighting against the epidemic. At the same time, Arkema is resuming its production to ensure the continuity of its business and the stability of its supply.
Read a summary of how Arkema China has been taking actions, trying its best to contribute to fighting against the epidemic.
- On march 30, a client of both Sartomer and TPA Department of Arkema, Shanghai Chemelite Technology Co., Ltd, donated 22,000 masks to Arkema HQ in France. Taixing Economic Development Zone (TEDZ), Jiangsu Province (where Taixing Sunke Chemical Co., Ltd., an Arkema company is located) donated 2000 N95 masks to Arkema HQ in France.
- On March 27, with the support of French Embassy and the coordination of French Foreign Trade Advisors (Les Conseillers du Commerce Extérieur de la France), Arkema China urgently took actions and donated a total of 90,000 masks to the French health authorities. These masks will be distributed by the French government to the most urgently needed front-line public medical institutions.
- On March 26, the Advanced Materials Industrial Park in Changshu, Jiangsu Province(AMIP, where the Arkema Changshu Industrial Site is located) took actions immediately after fully learning the demande for masks at Arkema HQ in France, collected a total of 50,000 disposable medical masks in the shortedt time and transported them to Arkema Changshu Industrial Site, through which the masks will be sent to Arkema HQ in France.
- On March 25, The Arkema Group organizes and mobilizes - Worldwide
In response to the current situation, Arkema is organizing itself, in particular through strict observance of instructions given by government agencies, the protection of its employees, and the continuity of its activities and operations. The Group is employing every means to continue supplying its customers with its products, which are often key for many sectors, and therefore for the economy of the countries in which our plants operate.
- On March 20, Production of alcohol-based solution - France
Arkema has decided to repurpose a production line at its Rhône Alpes Research Center (CRRA), near Lyon, in order to manufacture 20 tons of alcohol-based solution per week to be distributed free of charge and as a matter of urgency to hospitals in France.
Our Jarrie plant, near Grenoble, supplies the hydrogen peroxide that is essential to its manufacture.
- On February 14, Arkema-Arrmaz donated a total of about 18 tons of 3% hydrogen peroxide and 125kg of 75% medical alcohol to Yunnan Minzu University, local anti-epidemic organizations andlogistic partners;
- On February 4, Shanghai Arkema Hydrogen Peroxide Co., Ltd. donated 1 ton of 3% hydrogen peroxideto Huashan Hospital of the Shanghai FuDan University Medical College and Shanghai RailwayStation respectively;
- On January 27 and 29 - Shanghai Arkema Hydrogen Peroxide Co., Ltd. donated a total of about 26tons of 5% hydrogen peroxide to the health system of Hong’an County, Huanggang City, HubeiProvince;